Or, wow that was completely unexpected and possibly undeserved
Last night I was up way too late reading things on the internet and this email comes in saying my friend Margaret of Nanny Goats in Panties sent me a message through facebook saying “Dude you’re in the top 10 in Writer’s Digest” and of course my first thought is “Ha ha, Margaret sent this to the wrong person” and so I sent her the whole “ha, ha dude you messed up” reply and she was like what, you’re not I Hate My Message Board? And I was all Holy cow, I Hate My Message Board c’est moi!
She sent me a pdf of the article since there aren’t any all night book stores in Memphis and sure enough there I was and there was much shaking and disbelief and holy cowing and honestly I still can’t believe it.
I can’t take all of the credit though, I have to thank David Wright of Collective Inkwell for the amazing job he did designing my logo and customizing Thesis for me. I can’t recommend them highly enough and even if you aren’t in the market for custom blog designs, take a look at their site to read their serial novel “Available Darkness” and take part in the community conversations on their blog. Thanks so much Sean and David!
By the way, I have no idea who nominated me and want to send them a huge thank you! This is one of the most flattering, mind-blowing surprises I’ve ever been lucky enough to receive.
And to let you know just how huge an honor this was, here are the other blogs on the list:
- Brian Wask he deserved to win the grand prize, his site is gorgeous!
- Melinda Feucht check out her delicious food blog
- Rebecca Crump love the name of her site. Another amazing food blog.
- Chrystle Fielder Surprise! I love sites with cartoon caricatures
- Virginia Smith I am going to have to check out her novels
- Michael Wojciechowski check out his around the world section, he’s been everywhere!
- Celeste Stene Duckworth I really love her color scheme. It’s like the total opposite of all the pink I have here!
- Tracy O’Connor that’s me! Me! Yeah, I don’t know how I got in with the real writers either
- Patrick Brown very scary!
- Barbara Boughton impressive resume!
I have to say that as great as this list was, there are a few writer’s sites that I love that I think belong there, too and will be nominating for next year.
- Project Happily Ever After even though I am the perfect wife to the perfect husband, I enjoy reading Alisa’s advice.
- Halfway to Normal Kristen blows me away with her thoughtful, beautifully written posts
- Tumblemoose my friend George has been there for me from the beginning and his blog is a great resource for writers. If you are a blogger looking for exposure, be sure to submit your site to “New Blog of the Week“.
- Blogger Dad one half of Collective Inkwell, David is a good friend and hilarious writer.
- Writer Dad the other half of CI, Sean writes heart warming stories of what it’s like to be a dad and writer
- Nanny Goats in Panties for so much more than being just the bearer of awesome news
- I Do Things JD always makes me laugh
- The Junk Drawer Kathy is hilarious
Which blogs would you nominate for best writer’s blog of 2010? Let me know in comments!